(Sorry this week’s summary was delayed a bit!)
We still don’t know why the power went out, but we’re hopeful someone will come along and light the way (because, seriously, we can’t remember how).
Reminder, as River Song always warns us: SPOILERS!!
What we learned this week:
(Personal Note: My greatest worry is for Grace, the mysterious Algebra Teacher Turned Secret Computer Spy – when we left off, she was about to be attacked! What happened?)
- Flashback to 8 weeks after blackout and the military is evidently just sitting around “waiting for orders.” They’re not, you know, stopping chaotic looting and keeping order and peace or anything.
- Whoa!! Now we know where all the people of color in America have gone — they are the rebels going to bring back the US! (Oh, the irony).
- If I’m seeing correctly, the militia guys dress like Civil War Reenactors. This may explain why they are all white.
- Evil militia guy reads Lee Iaccoca’s book – They DO read books! Just not good ones.
- They also camp in civil war tents — so evidently within 15 years of a Blackout, we will plunge ourselves back 200 years. Because nylon tents and military surplus suddenly doesn’t exist…?
- Neckbeard Guy and British Woman find Grace’s house. No Grace. Computer smashed. Neckbeard Guy marvels that Grace built a computer
- Wait… why would you need to BUILD a computer? Weren’t there thousands just sitting around, not doing anything?
- I figured out why they all act like reenactors – they only use muzzle loading rifles. Because regular rifles use…electricity? What?
- Another flashback tells us that the military was completely unable to maintain any semblance of order, code, structure or discipline within 8 weeks of the blackout. Well, that was money well spent on the Defense Department.
- Uncle Miles -Oh Noes! He was with Monroe and helped form the Militia! How COULD HE?!?!?!
- Brother Asthma Katniss has remained strong in captivity despite the… Asthma.
- Uncle Miles is turned over and taken back as a prisoner by the militia… but WAIT!
- Charley Katniss and Rita (or Ronda? Rhoda?) explode a bridge and stop a whole battalion of militia and save Uncle Miles.
- Charley Katniss and Uncle Miles verbally spar and we discover that Uncle Miles is playing the role of Han Solo in our epic adventure
- Neckbeard Computer Guy and Blonde British Woman are hanging out in Grace’s house, talkin’ ’bout the good ol’ days when computer geeks RULED THE WORLD!!! (sniff)
- SUDDENLY! Neckbeard’s pendant turns on Marvin Gaye music! (thank the great spaghetti monster because if it had been some sort of stupid pop song I MIGHT have had to stop watching)…. and British Woman’s iPhone works!
- The pendant sends out some sort of magical physics waves …or something.
- But still, no Grace.
Next week: Swordfighting!