I have been looking forward to the new dystopian show from NBC this season – it got a lot of good buzz back at ComicCon. I was hoping for some sci fi but it looks more “Jericho” – which is fine with me – that show should have lasted longer. I have high hopes for a show created by Eric Kripke (Supernatural), and because the pilot was directed by Jon Favreau (the quality showed and the acting was well done).
[WARNING: spoilers ahead!]
After the first episode, here is what I have learned so far:
1. Katniss Everdeen all growed up and very pretty.
2. Boy Katnisses. Also pretty.
3. “physics went crazy” – but luckily, there is still gravity.
4. evidently our entire future hinges on a USB download of some 1980’s DOS program.
5. A LOT of vegetation can cover Wrigley Field in 15 years
6. No one will remember how steam power works – so make a note now!
7. There aren’t even any Dodge Darts on the road. COME ON.
8. Oh, right – even batteries don’t work. Nevermind.
9. We will still be able to produce well made clothing and your old ACDC shirt WILL last!
10. There is hope – if you can do archery or sword fight.
The adventure continues next week!